SEO is constantly changing. New updates are released, new trends are discussed and new strategies are developed. It is something that will constantly evolve.
One of the best ways to keep up with SEO news is to follow some of the top SEO blogs in the industry. Unfortunately, navigating through all of your choices isn’t always easy.
What you want to look for in a SEO blog is not only that it covers the latest SEO news, but that it also takes that news and analyzes what it means for your company.
These are the top SEO blogs i recommend reading every day
1. Search Engine Journal – Search Marketing Advice, News and Tutorials. Helping marketers succeed by producing best-in-industry guides and information while cultivating a positive community.
2. Search Engine Land -Search Engine Land features daily search engine industry news & trends in search marketing (SEM) – paid search advertising (PPC) & search engine optimization (SEO) plus expert analysis, advice, tips, tactics & How To Guides for search marketing.
3. Search Engine Roundtable – A well-rounded view on search engines and search engine marketing from five segments of the Web population represented by senior members of the major SEO/SEM forums on the Internet.
4. SEOmoz Daily SEO Blog – The industry’s top wizards, doctors, and other experts offer their best advice, research, how-tos, and insights—all in the name of helping you level-up your SEO and online marketing skills.
5. Distilled – In-depth training guides, long form content reports and blog posts from the Distilled team. Topics include: SEO, mobile, social, CRO and PPC.
6. Yoast SEO Blog – Yoast writes about several topics like General SEO, Usability & Conversion Rate Optimization, Analytics, eCommerce, Social Media and, of course, WordPress.
7. SEO by the Sea – Getting Information about Search, SEO, and the Semantic Web Directly from the Search Engines
8. Bruce Clay Blog – The Bruce Clay blog provides SEO news, analysis, and Internet marketing how-to articles that help marketers and SEOs stay informed.
9. ClickZ | SEO – ClickZ is a hub of information providing the latest news and insights to help digital marketing professionals stay up to date with what’s happening in the SEO space.
10. SEO Copywriting – How can SEO copywriting help your business? Discover actionable SEO copywriting tips, social media writing advice and strategies for creating great Web copy.
11. The Seer Interactive Blog – Seer’s industry-leading tips, tools & techniques for optimizing websites, running paid search marketing campaigns, analyzing data, & developing digital strategies.
12. SEO.com Blog – SEO.com discusses the latest Internet marketing news, topics and events.
13. SEO Hacker Blog – SEO Hacker is an Internet Marketing Services Company and SEO Blog in the Philippines
14. Search Engine People – Canada’s Search and Social Media Authority
15. Local SEO Guide – Local SEO Guide is Andrew Shotland’s blog on local search optimization, small business marketing & search engine optimization strategy.
16. Black Hat Forum Black Hat SEO -BlackHatWorld is a fully moderated SEO Forum dedicated to dispersing Internet Marketing techniques. Discover new services on our marketplace including, SEO tools, video content creation, proxies, Social media, automatic content generators and more. Master the ART of Internet Marketing with BlackHatWorld
If you’re looking to seriously step up your SEO game, you can’t trust just any source you find online that happens to offer SEO advice.
Looking to the most reputable specialists ensures that you’re getting the most accurate, up-to-date, and useful SEO information available. Below you’ll find some of the top SEO experts and their blog you must read.
Matt Cutts is head of the Webspam team at Google.
If there’s only going to be one individual you’ll follow for SEO news and information, Matt Cutts might as well be the one because he’s got the Google connection. With over 438,000 Twitter followers, he’s one of the most influential “web celebs” to follow and is basically the go-to guy for everything SEO. Over the years, Matt has been helping business owners and webmasters work on improving their search rankings by releasing hundreds of videos and sharing valuable SEO advice.
Brian Dean is the founder of Backlinko, a traffic generation business that specializes in link building, SEO, content marketing, and conversions. He helps business owners who’ve been beat down by Google so they can get their rankings and search traffic up using specialized strategies you can’t really find anywhere else.
Bruce Clay has specialized in SEO since the mid-1990s, running a global internet marketing firm that covers SEO, SEO training, SEO tools, social media marketing, PPC, content marketing, and web design in offices all around the world.
Eric Enge is CEO of Stone Temple Consulting, a digital marketing agency that specializes in SEO, social media, and content marketing. He’s also the lead author of The Art of SEO, perhaps the most widely sold book on the topic of SEO, which he collaborated on with several other well-known SEO specialists.
Vanessa Fox is the CEO of Keylime Toolbox, a software company that specializes in providing SEO tools. She’s also the author of Marketing in the Age of Google, which has been named a must-read for the business owner who’s looking to survive in the 21st century.
Vanessa has been instrumental at Google, Yahoo, and Bing sitemaps.org alliance, and was also the creator of Google’s Webmaster Central.
Eric Ward claims to have actually kicked off the web’s first link building services way back in 1994 and has helped enormous sites like Amazon, PBS, and Weather.com execute successful link building campaigns.
He’s been a regular contributor to Search Engine Land and ClickZ as well as a speaker at many major industry events. He publishes a premium newsletter at LinkMoses Private, full of linking strategies, question and answer style tips, client case studies, news, and more.
He’s the author of the 746-page book Search Engine Optimization All-in-One For Dummies and has a talented team of contributors writing for the Bruce Clay blog.
Aaron Wall is the founder of SEOBook, a leading SEO website that claims to offer the number one SEO training program complete with various tools, videos, a private forum, and additional resources. The site was launched in 2003 and is known as one of the oldest SEO sites that’s still regularly updated for the current state of the web. It focuses on offering users marketing tips, online business tips, search analysis, and more.
Chris Dyson is an experienced SEO consultant who specializes in SEO audits, consulting, competitor analysis, and Google penalty recovery.
His Google penalty services include helping small businesses recover from SEO issues related to the Google Panda or Penguin updates, like unnatural linking and pure spam. He also regularly updates his blog with great posts on SEO and content marketing.
If you come across any other SEO blog not listed above, please do not hesitate to recommend in the comments below.